Internet Explorer is an app that’s installed with Windows on your PC. If you make a different browser your default, links won’t automatically open in Internet Explorer, and you’ll only be able to use Internet Explorer for the desktop.
1) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
2) Enter Default programs, and then tap or click Default Programs.
3) Tap or click Set your default programs.
4) Select Internet Explorer from the list of programs.
5) Tap or click Set this program as default, and then tap or click OK.
You might need to repin Internet Explorer to the Start screen once you’ve set it as your default browser.