Bookmarks are links to websites that make it easy to get back to your favorite places. This article goes over the basics of making and managing your bookmarks.
Note: Bookmarks are known as Favorites in Internet Explorer.
Table of Contents
1) How do I bookmark a page?
2) How do I change the name and location of a bookmark?
3) Where can I find my bookmarks?
4) How do I organize my bookmarks?
5) How do I turn on the Bookmarks Toolbar?
How do I bookmark a page?
It’s easy — just click the star!
Tip: Want to bookmark all of your open tabs at once? Right-click on any of the tabs and select Bookmark All Tabs… from the context menu. Give the new bookmarks folder a name and choose which folder to store it in. Click Add Bookmarks to finish.
* In the Edit This Bookmark box you can change any of these details:
* Name: This is the name that Firefox displays for the bookmark in menus.
* Folder: Choose what folder to store your bookmark in by picking one from the drop-down menu (for example, the Bookmarks Menu or Bookmarks Toolbar). In that drop-down menu you can also select Choose… to display a list of all bookmarks folders.
* Tags: You can use tags to help you search through and organize your bookmarks. For more information, see Bookmark Tags – Categorize bookmarks to make them easy to find.
2) When you are finished editing, click Done to close the box.
Where can I find my bookmarks?
The easiest way to find a site that you’ve bookmarked is to start typing its name in the address bar. As you type a list of websites that you’ve bookmarked, tagged and visited will appear. Bookmarked sites will have a yellow star next to them. All you have to do is click one of the sites and you’ll be taken there instantly
How do I organize my bookmarks?
The Library window lets you view and organize all your bookmarks.
2) By default, the bookmarks you make will be located in the Unsorted Bookmarks folder. Select it in the sidebar of the Library window to see the bookmarks you’ve made. Double-clicking a bookmark will open it.
While you have the Library window open, you can also drag bookmarks into other folders like the Bookmarks Menu folder which will show your bookmarks in the menu under the Bookmarks button. If you add bookmarks to the Bookmarks Toolbar folder they’ll show up on the Bookmarks Toolbar
How do I turn on the Bookmarks Toolbar?
If you want to use the Bookmarks Toolbar, you can turn it on like this:
1) Click the menu button new fx menu and choose Customize.
2) Click the Show / Hide Toolbars dropdown menu at the bottom of the screen and select Bookmarks Toolbar.
3) Click the green Exit Customize button.