If you’re seeing a homepage or startup page that you didn’t set yourself, your computer may have malware. Learn how to block unwanted changes to Chrome.
Using a Chromebook at work or school? Your network administrator may choose your startup page(s) or homepage for you, in which case you won’t be able to change them here. Learn about using a managed Chrome device.
Choose your homepage
You can control what page appears when you click in the top left of your screen the Home button.
1) Open Chrome.
2) In the top-right corner, click the icon you see: Menu Chrome menu or More More.
3) Select Settings.
4) Under “Appearance,” check the box Show Home button.
5) Below “Show Home button,” click Change to choose your homepage.
The Home button will appear to the left of your address bar.
Set your homepage and startup page
You can customize Google Chrome to open any page for the homepage or startup page. These two pages aren’t the same unless you set them to be.
* Your startup page is the one that shows when you first launch Chrome on your computer.
* Your homepage is the one you go to when you click the Home button: Home button or Open the home page.
If your startup page, homepage, or search engine has suddenly changed, then you may have unwanted software. Learn how to find and remove malware from your computer, and get your settings back.