Recommended Windows removal methods:
- Windows 10:
- Windows 8, 8.1:
- Windows 7 or Vista:
Download and run the MCPR tool:
Download the MCPR tool from Google and save it to a temporary folder on your computer.
NOTE: Because the MCPR tool is updated periodically, always download a new copy before each use to ensure that it can recognize and fully remove newer McAfee products.
- Browse to the folder where you saved the file and double-click MCPR.exe.
- If you see a User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
- At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
- At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
- When prompted, type the Captcha information exactly as seen (it is case-sensitive) and then clickNext. (This step minimizes accidental executions of MCPR).
- If you have Family Protection installed, follow steps a and b below. Otherwise, continue to Step 8.
- Type your Family Protection Administrator name and Password, then click Next.
- If authentication fails, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code.
- When you see the CleanUp Successful message, restart your computer to completely remove your McAfee product.
IMPORTANT: If you see a Cleanup Unsuccessful message, save your MCPR log files for analysis by Technical Support:
- At the Cleanup Unsuccessful dialog box, click View Logs.
- In the Notepad window that opens, click File, Save As, and save the log file to your Desktop. Name the file MCPR_date.txt (for example, MCPR_Jan10_16.txt).
- Contact on tollfree number to get help 1800-289-8126 and provide the log file to your technician for troubleshooting.